5 Unique Ways to Enjoy a Grain-Free Granola Alternative
The average vanilla granola is enjoyed with a splash of milk as a breakfast cereal. But did you know there are great alternatives to granola that can be enjoyed in other ways? Even better, how about one that is Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy Free, Paleo* and Vegan!
Becca’s Petite BOUCHÉES come in four different flavors and allows for plenty of room for recipe creativity. Using the Original, Savory, Chocolate, and Spicy mixes, artisan Becca Salmonson creates 5 new recipes exclusively for myPanier using her own Petites BOUCHÉES!
The following recipes were crafted and written by Becca herself:
1.Greek Yogurt Parfait
For a twist on a traditional parfait, try adding the BOUCHÉES Original Mix to your Greek yogurt. The hints of maple and cinnamon will enhance and bring out the sweet flavor of this classic recipe.
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Nut Milk (of your choice)
- BOUCHÉES Original Snack Mix
- Fresh Fruit (I chose Bananas & Berries)
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon, ground
Put yogurt in bowl and stir in any plant based milk (or non-dairy milk) of your choosing. I love coconut-almond milk, or cashew milk, but any one will do! You just want to thin out the yogurt a bit.
Add fruit and BOUCHÉES Original Mix on top and sprinkle with dusting of cinnamon. I chose bananas, blueberries, and raspberries, but you can do any combo you like.
Pineapple, peaches, mangoes make an amazing tropical version. Or use other fruit, such as blackberries, strawberries, kiwi and even apple.
A couple of squeezes of fresh lemon or orange juice are a nice twist, especially with the apple.
2. Spiralized Zucchini and Pesto Chicken
Sautéed zucchini noodles, or “zoodles” pair wonderfully with rotisserie chicken, but sprinkling in the BOUCHÉES Savoureux Mix adds just the right amount of smoky crunch to the dish.
- 1 large Zucchini, Spiralized
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes, Cut in half
- 2 Tbsp Pesto Sauce**
- 4-6 oz Shredded Rotisserie Chicken
- BOUCHÉES Savoureux Snack Mix
**You can use store bought pesto or simply make your own in about 5 minutes. See below:
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 Tbsp EVOO, OR 1/2 fresh avocado flesh for oil-free version
- 2 Tbsp raw pine nuts or walnuts if ya like
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, peeled
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Big pinch of coarse sea salt (I love pink Himalayan) & black pepper
Combine all above ingredients in food processor and pulse for about 1 minute or until incorporated and you meet your desired consistency. I like mine on the creamier side, but chunky works too!
Heat skillet on medium. Spray with cooking spray and add zucchini noodles.
Sprinkle liberally with coarse sea salt and black pepper. Soften the noodles for 2-3 minutes.
Add in rotisserie chicken. Heat for another minute or two and toss in tomatoes.
Add pesto and heat for another minute or so, giving it a good stir. Be sure not to overcook the noodles. You still want them vibrant green, al dente so they are softer but still have a little bit of crunch.
Remove from heat and add BOUCHÉES Savoureux Snack Mix
3. Cinnamon Oven Roasted Apples and Yogurt
Warm apples, cool yogurt, and crunchy bites of rich chocolate is the best way to go when enjoying this recipe. Have it for a morning breakfast boost or even late at night for a healthy dessert!
- Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Banana, sliced
- Handful Fresh Blueberries
- Dollop of Natural Nut Butter (I used Cashew Butter)
- Scoop of Cinnamon Oven Roasted Apples**
- BOUCHÉES Chocolat Noir Snack Mix
**Cinnamon Oven Roasted Apples
- 1 Apple of your choice (I used Honeycrisp or Fuji as they are naturally sweeter)
- 1/2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350
Peel, core & dice apples into 1" bite size chunks and place in baking dish
In separate bowl, melt coconut oil and whisk in cinnamon
Poor cinnamon/oil mixture over apples and stir until well coated
Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until soft. Stir apples halfway through baking.
4. Fried Egg and Kale Salad
Turn up the heat with the BOUCHÉES Flamebeaux Snack Mix by adding it to your favorite salads! With traditional New Orleans spices, flavors of cayenne and red pepper flakes will surely turn any dish into an exciting one.
- Organic Kale Italia (@earthboundfarms) but you can use any combo of kale, arugula & radicchio
- Mini San Marzano-type Tomatoes
- Fried Pasture Raised Egg
- BOUCHÉES Spicy Flambeaux Snack Mix
- Half Avocado, hasselback style
- Butternut Squash Spirals (I get Veggie Noodle Co Organic)
- Trader Joe's "Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning" Blend
Toss on any vinaigrette of your choosing. I like this one, as it pairs nicely with the spiciness of the arugula and BOUCHÉES Flambeaux Mix:
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
- 1/2 Small Shallot, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp Champagne Vinegar (OR sub Red Wine or Balsamic)
- 1/2 tsp Honey (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Either vigorously whisk all vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl or toss in mason jar and shake, shake, shake to emulsify.
(If I have more time, I will use roasted garlic cloves instead of shallots and smash in a mortar and pestle and then add the
remaining ingredients one at a time)
5. Fresh Berries and Mint Parfait
With a recipe as simple as this, it’s a perfect treat to make for guests at a gathering. Alternatively, get your guests involved and have a build-your-own parfait station!
- Greek Yogurt
- BOUCHÉES Original Snack Mix
- Add fresh Raspberries
- Garnish with Sprig of fresh Mint
Can't decide which flavor to get? Try all 4 for a discounted price!