Rancho Gordo Heirloom Bean Sampler, 4 lbs
This pack features:
- Four Different Varieties of Heirloom Beans
- Ideal for American, Mexican, Italian, French Cuisines
- Fresh crop insures faster, consistent cooking time
This Four-lbs sampler pack includes:
- DOMINGO ROJO:: A classic red bean that holds its shape when cooked. Its thick bean broth will coat every single grain or noodle with a luxurious sauce.
- MIDNIGHT BLACK: Midnight is a true black turtle bean with a rich, traditional black bean flavor and texture. Use in any recipe calling for black or turtle beans or just enjoy on their own. These are incredibly fresh so little, if any, soaking is required.
- CLASSIC CRANBERRY: Cranberry beans only look like cranberries. And even then, I don't quite see it. Originally from South America, these beans have been bred around the world and have become Madeira, Borlotti, Tongues of Fire, Wren's Egg and many more. This is the classic from Colombia and are perfect for any recipe calling for a "cranberry" bean.
- YELLOW EYE: Unlike Navy beans, which have a slightly gummy, babyfood texture, Yellow Eyes are dense, creamy and delicious. Great Northerns can be plain boring. Replace Navys or Great Northerns with Yellow Eyes and your dish becomes a feast.