No Need to Fear the Potato - Potato Nutrition and Health Benefits
- High carbohydrate count
- Digested rapidly which can cause a spike in blood sugar and insulin levels in some individuals
- Viewed as having no nutritional value
The above our common fears of the potato, but are these fears warranted? According to a 2011 study conducted by researchers at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Heath, it was found that small food choices made over time is what contributes to weight gain.
It's the way we consume potatoes that should be reevaluated, not the potatoes themselves.
Potato Nutrition Preserved
Slow cooking the potato is one method for preserving the potato's natural health benefits.
This is a process that the Spain based brand has implemented into its practice from the very beginning. While they have created a snack using the same three ingredients as other brands, it's the attention to their craft that makes all the difference.
When properly preserved, the potato can offer a variety of benefits to your health. A few nutrition notables we'd like to highlight include:
- Naturally decreases blood pressure
- High in fiber - Helps lower total amount of cholesterol in the blood
- Reduces inflammation found in muscles
- Boosts energy
- Promotes collagen production