Rancho Gordo - Wild Rice, California Grown, 16oz
Rancho Gordo from California
California grown, this Wild Rice has a great chewy texture and distinct nutty flavor.
Wild rice is not a true “rice”, but an “aquatic seed, and is one of the New World’s native grains.
- May take awhile to cook (about an hour)
- Wild rice is not fully cooked until the grain opens and you see the white germ
- Cook with aromatic vegetables and water for best result
- Serve with salmon, in a holiday stuffing, or with ground beef and seasonal vegetables
- Makes for a unique bell pepper stuffing!