On Orders Over $69*
3 Yummy Recipes using Melted Chocolate
The only thing better than chocolate is melted chocolate! With melted chocolate, you can jazz up desserts, breakfast, snacks, and so much more. There are infinite things you can do with this modified treat, and here's a list of our favorites:
1. Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices
Servings: 10-12 slices. Recipe courtesy of Mom Loves Baking.
Is your child a picky eater? Are you hosting soon and need fun dessert ideas? Do you just love apples and chocolate? If any of these questions apply to you, this recipe is perfect!
- 2 large Fuji apples (remove seeds)
- 3 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- Popsicle sticks
1. Slice applies into half-inch slices and, with a knife, slit a small incision in the bottom of each. Stick popsicle sticks into each incision.
2. Microwave chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure the chocolate does not burn.
3. Stir in the coconut oil until chocolate is smooth.
4. Dip each apple into the melted chocolate, then place them neatly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Drizzle caramel sauce over each apple. Top with nuts if desired.
6. Refrigerate for 1 hour and serve immediately. Store in the refrigerator.
2. Chocolate Covered Frozen Bananas
Servings: 6 bananas. Recipe courtesy of Dinner Then Dessert.
These chocolate covered frozen bananas are straight out of a Disneyland fanatic's dream. Read on for a healthy-ish and delicious treat!
- 6 bananas
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Popsicle sticks
1. Keeping the skin on, cut off the bottom inch of each banana so the bottom is straight for dipping. Stick a popsicle stick about 2 inches deep into the cut side.
2. Peel off the banana skin and freeze for one hour on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
3. Stir chocolate chips and coconut oil in a cup and microwave for about 2 minutes, checking often to make sure the chocolate does not burn.
4. Dip the frozen banana into the melted chocolate and allow excess chocolate to drip off.
5. Sprinkle the pecans over each banana.
6. Store in the freezer until ready to enjoy!
3. No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Servings: 15. Recipe courtesy of Naive Cook Cooks.
- 1 cup powdered graham crackers
- 4 tbsp melted, unsalted butter
- 5 tbsp peanut butter
- Muffin cups
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3-4 tbsp peanut butter
1. Add powdered graham crackers, melted butter, and peanut butter to a food processor. Mix until even.
2. Fill half of each muffin cup with this mixture, evening out with a spoon. Place in refrigerator while you prepare the bottom layer.
3. Add peanut butter (to taste) and chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1-2 minutes, checking and stirring often.
4. Fill the remaining half of the muffin cups with the melted chocolate/peanut butter mix.
5. If desired, melt a little more peanut butter and add a few drops to each muffin. Using a toothpick, swirl it around to make an interesting pattern.
6. Put all muffins in the refrigerator and chill for 2-4 hours. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.