Consumers have never been duped as much about their food quality as they have been in recent years – and they have never been as vigilant about finding out where their food truly comes from as in recent years. Honey is one such a food item – it still requires manual labor to extract it, and it’s still a very time consuming process. Which means that it’s a pricey product. Many producers nowadays do not shy away from diluting honey with sugar syrup, or even importing poor quality honey and brazenly re-bottling that and selling it at a premium price. When it comes to honey, we cannot put too fine a point on being familiar with the origin of the honey you purchase.
Luckily there are still some brands that truly value quality over profit. One such a brand is Augier, a small family run, 4th generation honey producer in Provence. Here are six reasons why their honey is some of the best honey your money can buy:
- They have longstanding relationships with all their suppliers – anything between 10 and 30 years – to ensure that they only bottle the very best honey available.
- Their honey is certified by reliable external agencies (Red Label and Ecocert for Organic Ranges).
- Their honey is bottled under consistently perfect conditions.
- When they flavor their honey, it is done so with the real deal (think lavender grown in Provence), not with synthetic flavorings
- Augier Miel is not heat-treated so all the natural nutrients that make honey such a powerfood, is still intact inside.
- It pretty much tastes unlike any other honey you’ll ever have the privilege of enjoying – they’ve won a taste award in 1935 already for their exquisite Lavender infused honey.